AZM and BAC annotation
- Maize PASA assemblies were created through alignment of maize EST and cDNA sequences against AZM and BAC assemblies.
- Gene predictions were generated based on repeat-masked AZM and BAC assemblies (FGenesh, Augustus, Snap, GlimmerHMM and GeneWise).
- Alignments of plant proteins and transcript assemblies against AZM and BAC assemblies were created.
- Gene models were created by combining the above gene evidence from PASA alignments, gene predictions, protein and EST alignments using the combiner program Evidence Modeler (Brian Haas, to be published).
- Putative functions of gene models were generated based on matches against protein and GO databases.
- AZM and BAC assemblies, and gene models can be accessed via our maize BLAST server.
- Gene models and functional annotation can be accessed via our maize gbrowse.